1100 Lake St., Suite 210A, Oak Park, Illinois 60301
Phone: 773.904.0425 Fax: 773.904.0493
Dr. Gorski provides comprehensive evaluations for children, adolescents, and adults with developmental, social, and learning differences, including:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (including Asperger's Disorder)
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
A typical evaluation will assess:
- Developmental History (parent interview and record review)
- Developmental or Cognitive Functioning
- Social and Emotional Functioning
Building a Bridge:
Dr. Gorski will often travel to conduct observations in the home and/or school environment to learn more about an individual's learning and social style. Dr. Gorski will also work with educational professionals and attend school meetings to discuss the results of evaluations and to assist in developing educational programs.
Following the evaluation, clients will receive a full written report which documents the results of the evaluation and summarizes all recommendations made during the evaluation process. Written reports are provided in a timely fashion.
School District Consultation Services & Professional Training
- What are the student's strengths?
- What is the nature of the student's educational needs?
- What accommodations or modifications appear appropriate given the student's educational needs?
- What educational strategies are recommended to educate the student in an inclusive environment?
- How can we help this student overcome emotional or behavioral challenges in the classroom?
Dr. Gorski provides independent evaluations and student-specific consultation to school districts and private schools. Evaluations and consultations often address the following questions:
Dr. Gorski also provides consultation on classroom and program development. These consultations often address the following concerns:
- Educational approaches and teaching strategies that address students' needs
- Individualization of programming
- Classroom set-up and organization
- Classroom-wide behavior management strategies
- Data collection and progress monitoring
Dr. Gorski provides individualized professional training and speaking to school districts and programs. She has an interest in helping teachers and administrators learn more about the social and learning differences of their students and how to use student strengths to implement realistic and effective educational interventions.
- Consultation to individuals, parents, therapists, and physicians about effective treatment services.
- Review of individual treatment programs in home or educational settings.
- Collaboration with other treatment providers on developing or modifying existing treatment programs.
- Education to professional and agencies about treatment for individuals with developmental concerns.
- Individual treatment and ongoing parent consultation/coaching
Please contact Dr. Gorski for a schedule of the fees. This practice does not participate in a managed care or insurance network. Invoices are provided to facilitate client insurance reimbursement or for tax purposes. Please contact your insurance company to clarify coverage.
Dr. Gorski provides the following treatment services: